Sunday, July 8, 2012

Whilst I'm Not Cooking #10

Grilled Fontina and Blackberry Smash Sandwich by How Sweet It Is
Well, the sucky news from today is that, yet again, Great Britain did not win their own tennis tournament. We haven't won since my grandmother was 5 years old. It's extremely disheartening.

I was the crazy person on Pacific Time who got up at 6am to see it. Since my Stunt Guy had to leave to head to the convention he is working out, it seemed like I should suck it up and wake up too. So I watched the tennis, got sad, then went to take a nap with the intention of getting up and making cake. My timer for 20 minutes went off. I switched it on for ten more, then promptly woke up an hour and a half later with less then 20 minutes to get ready and out the door for work. See if you hit your timer when you are sleeping, sometimes you hit the button twice by accident. I switched my timer off when it still read 9:59.

Whoops!

So, since I didn't get to make cake, I thought I would just have to show you a few other things that I didn't make. Here are a few of my recent food blog favorites. 

Grilled Fontina and Blackberry Smash Sandwiches from How Sweet It Is (lead photo)

Blackberry Gin Fizz from Smitten Kitchen

Vegan Mac and Cheese from Vegalicious (The base is carrots, which is such a neat idea!)

Yoghurt Cake from The Actor's Diet

Carrot Cake Bars from Fat Free Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment