Sunday, July 15, 2012

Whilst I'm Not Cooking #11

Frozen Cherry Souffle from Eatori

I'm broke and it sucks. I have so many awesome recipes that I want to make and things that I want to play around with, but I've recently been kicked in the teeth by fate again and need to turn myself into a little turtle and fix my finances.

I'm also out of other projects right now. No pending voice work. No pending twisting (which is a neat wire wrapping thing I do for a very talented lady. When she gets a website, I'll show you). I have a personal writing project to finish but I just can't seem to get going.

What I really want to do is read. I want to curl up with a new book that immerses me. In the grid at the Circus there is a copy of A Million Little Pieces floating around. I wish it were my copy. I've read the first four pages and I want to read the whole thing. I've been reading a set of books for a while and I'm on the last one, but the whole series really hasn't grabbed me. I want a book to grab me and shake me around until I'm either ecstatic or crying. Or maybe both. Any suggestions?

You should make these if you get the chance. Then tell me how they are.

Dill Pickle Kale Chips from The Copycat Cook
I love the idea of these. In my brain they would be reminiscent of Salt and Vinegar potato chips but about 300 times healthier.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread from Bake or Break
This looks so incredibly moist and wonderful.

Frozen Cherry Souffle from Eatori (lead photo)
No cooking is involved in this one. Deceptively delicious, eh?

Carrot Raisin Salad from The Copycat Cook
I love how simple this one looks. I can imagine the flavors bursting on my tongue.

Salt and Pepper Shrimp from Coconut and Lime
Another really delicious and simple looking dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment