Tuesday, January 18, 2022

1000 Foods to Eat Before You Die - 300 Done!

Each Flag is a food I have not tried yet.


So, I've been working my way through the 1000 Foods To Eat Before You Die book for a few years ago now. 


I love lists. Love them. It's a thing, an obsession. I just get so satisfied by crossing things off. The things that I really love about this particular list is that a) it's massive b) you've probably crossed off at least 150 things without even trying and c) it's great to come up with ideas for when you are traveling. 

In 2019, we went on a trip to Montreal. We had a little time on the last day we were there and we literally went on a scavenger hunt to find as many foods from the book as we could... pastrami sandwiches, random candy, adventurous cheese... we also had one of the best meals I've eve had in my life at a restaurant listed in the book (Au Pied de Cochon).

I was quite delighted when I hit 300 foods at the very end of 2021. I'm a sucker for a round number. I'm hoping hoping hoping to clear another 25-50 this year. I think it might need to involve me making some things at home though, which is fine! 

The first entry for 2022 though is done because I ate my very first Persimmon! We actually had a persimmon tree in California when we lived there, but left before the fruit was ripe. I liked the persimmon! Very tasty, good texture, still a bit sweet for me, but definitely something I am glad I tried. Thanks book!

If you want to play along, here is a handy dandy link to where you can grab a copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment