Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Oh, Well Hello There!

 I know. I know I know I know. 



Five years. FIVE. Redd what the heck?

I'm sorry I've been... busy? Distracted? Quarantined? Getting Older?

All of the above is most definitely true. And I moved. Twice. 

We abandoned Minnesota in the fall of 2017, barely 16 months after we got there. We may have acquired another dog (cough cough, band aid baby). We spent a year in North Hollywood, California in a beautiful house that was teeny tiny and so pretty and oh so very very very expensive. Then we decided we weren't sure what was next, so we decided to go lick our wounds somewhere familiar and comfortable. We moved back to Las Vegas in October 2018. It's been pretty great. Nice house, good neighborhood, lots of fantastic food opportunities, and I even grew a pomegranate! Well, the tree grew it and I grew the tree. 

Hilariously, this update is my 200th post to the blog that I am now hoping to revive. 

I'm using instagram a lot more and you can find me by clicking here. I've started that particular feed just for this blog space. I decided not to use Salted Spoon because there is a charming little ice cream shop in the north of England that just opened with that name, and I want them to have their space. But hey, this blog will stay named as such because, well, I WAS here first. 

 I am not going to make any grandiose claims over what you can expect from my return... just in case it embarrassingly does not stick... you know, like 2017.  But right now I am very into the following things:

Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict

Gin Martinis 

White Wine from Burgundy

Homemade Pasta (I married well)

Anything Nigella Lawson or Stanley Tucci are doing

Working through my 1000 Foods to Eat Before You Die book, of which I start this year at an even 300. I love round numbers so much. 

So. Hi! Hope you are fantastic. See you around!


No comments:

Post a Comment