Friday, October 7, 2011

This Would Be More Interesting


This blog would be much more interesting if I were actually posting right now, but I've not really been doing that. I also haven't really been cooking. My other half was out of town for two and a half weeks and honestly, when he is gone I find myself just hunkering down and not really eating much of anything. I've also been trying to lose a little weight, so the whole baking thing has been much less common. I am developing some nice recipes though.

I've got some yummy muffins coming, a miso soup recipe, and a few other things in the works. I'm also about to venture into the world of candy making. Soon, I promise.

I made a rocking Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Glaze, which is pictured above. Alas, the recipe is not mine. It is by the brilliant Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman and you can find it here.

But the good news is that my guy is back. I have someone to cook for again, and I'm hoping that we can go pick some apples next week so I can have some fantastic fall recipes for you. Maybe some apple butter, some cider and definitely some pie. It's actually a little colder here in the desert. Even though there are no trees to change color and be all pretty, there is a certain air of fall and the stores have pumpkins in front of them. Soon the mountains around Las Vegas will have snow on the tops, and the weather will be cool enough to spend some time outside.

And then comes winter and satsumas. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I shouldn't talk about satsumas yet. We'll have lots of time for that later. It's nice to know though that they are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment