Thursday, March 15, 2012

Curry and Yoghurt Marinated Chicken

Pin It


I was raised in England, land of pretty countryside, old castles, and Indian food. See, in England Indian food is kind of like Mexican food in the US.... it's everywhere, everyone eats it, and it's exactly what you are likely to find available at 11pm when you've had a wee bit too much to drink. I was raised on curry. My stepdad makes really really good curry and it's the one thing that I request whenever I go home.

I have my own version of curry. I make it from scratch very frequently. It's my Stunt Guys favorite thing that I make. Because it's one of those things that I make by feel, it turns out different every time. Usually, though, I'm serving it with a marinated chicken. This chicken is one of MY favorite things that I make, and this is the recipe that I want to share with you.

Curry and Yoghurt Marinated Chicken


I use Chicken Quarters frequently with this recipe as it is what I tend to have in the freezer. I always trim off the skin and the fat. You could certainly leave those on if you choose, or you can use another combination of chicken as listed below.



2 Chicken Quarters or 4 Chicken Thighs or 2 Chicken Breasts
3/4 Cup Low Fat or Non Fat Yoghurt

1 Teaspoon each of:
Curry Powder
Ground Coriander
Ground Cumin
Garam Masala
Paprika
Turmeric

1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Several good grinds of Pepper

Clean your chicken and place it in a baking dish with a lid. You should use a dish where the chicken is nice and snug. I use the Pyrex casserole dish that I've raved about before. Next, combine all the spices with the yoghurt, then spread all over the chicken. Generally, I just mix all of this together with my hands. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for 4 hours if you can, it'll still be good if you can't let it sit.

To cook, heat your oven to 350F. Bake the chicken in the dish for an hour. When it's done it'll be moist and flavorful.

Makes two servings. Excellent with vegetable curry, or just with a side of rice and a vegetable.



Want more recipes from Salted Spoon, including an excellent Vegetable Curry that goes perfectly with this dish? Check out the eBook:

No comments:

Post a Comment