Monday, June 18, 2012

Blueberry Vanilla Honey Butter


Here's a super quick recipe for you today, since I am busy working on a multitude of projects. My schedule has started to get so busy that I actually went and ordered a day planner again, something I quit using when I started a regular schedule by working at the Circus.

It is kind of nice to be busy. I'm hoping that on Wednesday I'll have some kitchen time though. I've been living on salads and toast for the last week and I could do with something new and experimentational!

So, here's a recipe you can make incredibly quickly. Flavored butters are awesome for the aforementioned toast and are also great on pancakes, waffles, english muffins, or anything you'd normally stick something sweet and buttery on.

I made this recipe initially to go on top of cornbread muffins, but the cornbread muffins were a disaster. I'll have to play around with that recipe a lot before I share it here! But, the butter came out splendid, so give it a whirl!

Blueberry Vanilla Honey Butter

1 Stick of Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Blueberries
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Let your butter sit out until it becomes room temperature which takes about 30 minutes, or soften carefully in the microwave. Be cautious as you don't want it to be completely melted.
In a large bowl or a stand mixer, add all the ingredients together and use a sturdy whisk or a whisk attachment to beat the butter into submission and whisk everything together until it's a gorgeous blueberry flecked purple light mass.

If you grab some wax paper, you can dollop a bunch of this out and roll it into a log, then refrigerate. This will let you cut off pretty buttery disks. Or, you can keep it in a ramekin. Be sure to store in the fridge so it doesn't stay too soft. It really is delicious on pancakes and waffles, but is also quite spectacular on whole wheat toast.

Makes about a cup of whipped deliciousness.


1 comment:

  1. Hoping all is going well with the projects- flavoured butters are such a great way to inject flavour- this looks divine!

    ReplyDelete