Wednesday, May 16, 2012

DITL: Recipe Developing and Gin and Tonic


I like it when it's Tuesday and I have nothing to do other than play in my kitchen. It makes me really really happy. The other big happy part of the day was an hour and a half long Skype date with my Stunt Guy. When you're living really far apart, you miss the littlest things. Seeing my guys facial expressions made my day.



Weetabix with a little stevia and some tea is a very British way to start my day. Then it was errands, followed by a banana.



I think I might be the only person that eats bananas this way. I open them upside-down. You get more banana that way.


I'm trying this Crystal Light energy for the first time. I like it, but I'm not sure how much energy it really gave me. 



Then, it was recipe development time. I had three main ones to work on today. The first was Parmesan and Cheddar Bread. Punching down dough is fun.




Then, Potato Cakes with Creamy Mushroom Gravy. This is based on an old recipe of my Nana's. 


Then, vitamins. I'm really trying to get better about taking them. Fish oil, vitamin C and D, and Multi's. 


While the dough was rising, I finally decluttered and figured out my panty. I had to condense down really quickly when my roommate moved in. I haven't been able to find anything for days. 



Seriously. I have a lot of random stuff.


See, much better. 




I finished the bread, whipped up some Blueberry Ricotta tarts, and then I cleaned up and it was time to chill out some.



Gin and Tonic, knitting, and some TV. 







The Cheese Bread was delicious.






So was the rest of this Maple Bacon donut from Voodoo Donuts that Myles brought me from Portland. I'd kept the tail end of it in the freezer, which I am also decluttering. Then, it was awesome Skype date time, followed by the gym.



Work out part one, followed by weights.


Work out part two. Lots of incline work.





Easy quick dinner of a turkey patty with goats cheese and tomato, another Gin and Tonic. I'm really pushing to work through this plateau so I'm trying not to eat too late. I was done at the gym at 11pm, so no carbs for me.




Then, British candy and 30 Rock. I'm on Season 4 now. 



Followed by some Julia Child, Queen Elizabath, and a tub of bubbles. That was just the kind of day that I needed.

The recipes I played with today will be coming soon. I was really happy with how they came out. Tomorrow, I get to go hang out with some awesome people and probably drink a bunch of beer. Sound good? Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment