Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry, Chocolate Chip and Coconut Mini Muffins




Okay, so normally I know I would come to you with a story about where this recipe came from and who I made it for and how everything came about. But today, none of that. This randomly came from my brain. I am so proud of my brain right now.


I love when inspiration smacks you on the head and then whatever you make turns out exactly how you wanted. 
This may be my new favorite thing I've ever made. 

These little mini-muffins are so ridiculously delicious. The strawberries are bright, the chocolate is a deep contrast. The coconut adds sweetness and the toasted coconut on top if the perfect textural compliment. 

I love these. Please make them and love them like I do. 



Strawberry, Chocolate and Coconut Mini Muffins

3 Tablespoons Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup and 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
1 Cup Diced Strawberries (about 4 large ones)
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


Preheat the oven to 350F. 

Toast 1/4 Cup of Coconut in a skillet until it has turned a light brown. Set aside. 

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Next add in the egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well, then add in the salt, baking powder and flour. Stir until everything is really well combined. Then mix in 2 tablespoons of the coconut, all the strawberries and the chocolate chips. 

Take a mini-muffin pan and either grease with butter or use liners. Fill the cups just over three quarters full. Sprinkle the tops with the toasted coconut and bake for about 18 minutes until they seem done. 

Makes 25. I ate three while taking the pictures. 


1 comment:

  1. this looks amazing and is a marriage of allll things I like..YUM!!

    ReplyDelete